
Sorry for the delay in updating the blog and letting everyone know how the blood drive went! It was a success and thank you SOOO much to everyone who came out to donate and stop by Grace last Wednesday (despite the rainy weather and traffic)! We had 63 people come out and of those, they got 54 bags of blood! (They had a goal set of 32 so that was definitely exceeded!) A few people couldn't give for various reasons and some had to leave before they could give b/c they were short-staffed and the wait got longer as the evening went on. Sorry to those of you who came and had to wait awhile. We appreciate your sacrifice sooo much! The bottom line is...the units they collected from the drive at Grace can save as many as 162 lives---isn't that awesome? We are so thankful for the friends, family, church members, new & regular givers, helpers, and volunteers who came out to give. A special thank you to MJ for organizing this blood drive! There will be another blood drive at Grace Fellowship Church in July (July 15th) in honor of Bailey as well...so we would love to have you come out again to give. Even though the turn-out was great (best ever I think!), I am a little competitive and want to see if we can get 75 bags of blood next time...so spread the word and mark your calendar. If you cannot give blood for some reason, and want to help, the Red Cross always needs volunteers and you could help out that day signing people in or giving out cookies (Famous Amos..Mmmm!), just let me know and I will get you in contact with the right people. Below are some pictures from the blood drive at Grace.
Last Friday, there was ANOTHER blood drive in honor of Bailey at Ben's work, Legg Mason. I haven't heard what the final #s were, but the sign-ups before the actual drive exceeded previous drives---I think somewhere around 30-31 people! I love that people are coming out of the woodwork and helping out! We feel so honored and privileged to have people that care come out and give, and that some are first time blood donors! It's not so bad, right?

Cousin Mike giving his blood donation---thank you!!!

Zach & Jess (Bailey's honorary "aunt" & "uncle")---thanks for waiting!

Our youngest blood donor, just kidding. Madison waiting for her mommy.

Jeff leaving a note for Bailey bean on the poster.

Mommy giving some blood too! I guess I can't be a wimp about needles since Bailey has to get them all the time. That whole lead by example thing I guess.

Great friends!

Aunt Ro and Bailey's Mom-Mom (Annmarie) came down from PA for the blood drive!
3 comments:
As I started to scroll down the photos, I was totally afraid you were going to put the "Jeff is going to pass out picture up!" :)
I promised I wouldnt put that pic on, ha ha
We are so happy the drive was a success! You are doing such a great job creating awareness for the need for blood. Looking forward to helping Bailey and more many in the drives to come. Keep up the wonderful job.
Post a Comment