Just a little blast from the past! So I turned 30 and two weeks before that I got to pretend I was a teeny-bopper again...and went and saw the New Kids on the Block in concert. Consider it my own little "mid-life" moment! But it was so fun. I admit, I was a little embarassed to admit that I was going but what the heck...it was SO fun! I went with Jessica and a friend of hers from work and we had a great time. It was seriously the LOUDEST concert I have ever been too. My ears were ringing for a day or so! Screaming girls...and screaming women with oversized NKOTB pins, not to mention the obnoxiously drunk 20-something year old behind me that spoke at an octave higher than I have ever heard before! There were even a few men there...obviously some boyfriends and husbands that owed their wives/girlfriends big-time! Highlights were hearing "Cover girl" and "Hanging Tough" and feeling like I was back at the West Virginia State Fair at age 10 screaming my own head off wearing my black t-shirt with neon green NKOTB letters!!! (Yes, I saw them at the WV State Fair, ha ha) I cannot believe however that Jordan can still sing like a girl...did I really think he was attractive when I was younger??? They should however, stick to their oldies but goodies...they just seem silly singing new songs about love, women, summer, and being sexy now! But their old songs just gave me that nostalgic feeling...I admit it! Anyways, kudos to five grown men who can still get up on stage, sing, and dance for 3 hours. Not bad for their 40's! Nothing like living in the past for a night and remembering those early 90's...scrunchies, 90210, and five guys who could shift their legs side to side in sync with each other dancing...oh yeah...they had "the right stuff." Thanks for the ticket Jess---what a fun night!!! And yes, I do think Joey smiled right at you (j/k)!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
O-O-Ooohhhh The Right Stuff
Just a little blast from the past! So I turned 30 and two weeks before that I got to pretend I was a teeny-bopper again...and went and saw the New Kids on the Block in concert. Consider it my own little "mid-life" moment! But it was so fun. I admit, I was a little embarassed to admit that I was going but what the heck...it was SO fun! I went with Jessica and a friend of hers from work and we had a great time. It was seriously the LOUDEST concert I have ever been too. My ears were ringing for a day or so! Screaming girls...and screaming women with oversized NKOTB pins, not to mention the obnoxiously drunk 20-something year old behind me that spoke at an octave higher than I have ever heard before! There were even a few men there...obviously some boyfriends and husbands that owed their wives/girlfriends big-time! Highlights were hearing "Cover girl" and "Hanging Tough" and feeling like I was back at the West Virginia State Fair at age 10 screaming my own head off wearing my black t-shirt with neon green NKOTB letters!!! (Yes, I saw them at the WV State Fair, ha ha) I cannot believe however that Jordan can still sing like a girl...did I really think he was attractive when I was younger??? They should however, stick to their oldies but goodies...they just seem silly singing new songs about love, women, summer, and being sexy now! But their old songs just gave me that nostalgic feeling...I admit it! Anyways, kudos to five grown men who can still get up on stage, sing, and dance for 3 hours. Not bad for their 40's! Nothing like living in the past for a night and remembering those early 90's...scrunchies, 90210, and five guys who could shift their legs side to side in sync with each other dancing...oh yeah...they had "the right stuff." Thanks for the ticket Jess---what a fun night!!! And yes, I do think Joey smiled right at you (j/k)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joey TOTALLY smiled at me (I think he was pointing at me too when he looked in the crowd!) Loved it---had a great time! Glad you could make it!
Post a Comment