Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Garden

After much ado, we have a garden! Our friends Zach & Jenn came over Saturday morning with a tiller and got the dirt going and the beams are ready to go around the perimeter of the garden. The tiller was quite temperamental, so it's getting fixed this week, and next Saturday morning, we will have round two to hopefully till the ground even better! Then the border can go up and plants/seeds will go in a few weeks after that. I have started my tomatoes and green & red peppers inside and watch them diligently daily as the sprouts get better! We'll be having tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, lettuce, green beans, and strawberries!

My seedlings hanging out on top of the dryer, catching some UV rays from the florescent lights!

Gotta have ear protection while the loud tiller is going!

Zach working hard with the temperamental tiller!

The boys hard at work splitting beams which will become the border around the garden.

Ahhh, done for today! Lots of work still to do. The boys did all the work today, while Jenn & I watched from the sidelines...but I did get to dump and spread a few bags of compost, peat moss, and soil...so I can take some credit for today's work, right? And hey, I am raising all the baby seedlings inside...watching plants grow is hard work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it!! can't wait to see how it goes for you!!