Mommy got a phone call from Dr. Strouse today, he's my pediatric hematologist (blood doctor). He said my hemoglobin levels haven't changed (which is good). They are at 8.8 (and were at 8.9 when we left Hopkins), but my reticulocyte count was still low (0.6). Reticulocytes are immature (new) red blood cells, typically composing about 1% to 2% of the red cells in the human body. Since mine are less than 1%, that is low. This means I am most likely not starting to make new red blood cells on my own (which isn't good). I have a doctor's appt a week from today (the 9th) at Hopkins and I will have more tests done. I also have an appointment there the following Thursday (the 12th) for my next blood transfusion, since it is likely I will need one. We'll cancel the appointment if I have started making new red blood cells and my reticulocyte count goes up before then. So, it is likely that I have Diamond Blackfan Anemia. If I do need the transfusion, I would have a bone marrow biopsy sometime after that to confirm the diagnosis. Either way, right now I am happy and healthy and we are all just taking things one day & one step (or crawl, since that is what I am learning to do) at a time.
Yesterday I got to take a walk in the stroller with M&D because it was so nice out. I loved it!!! Unfortunately, later, I had to watch Pittsburgh win the SuperBowl. But I got to see my fun neighbors and Mrs. Jill from across the street held me and played with me for awhile. All in all, it was a good weekend. Maybe there will be more snow this week and Mommy will get to stay home with me on one of her work days!
Thank you again for loving me and praying for me.
Love, Bailey
PS: I loved the balloon and flowers from Tommie, Leslie, & London! THANK YOU!
PS: Check out the video...bet you didn't know I have a HonkyTonk Padonkadonk!
3 comments:
Bailey -
13 pounds!!! That is fantastic and we hope you continue to pack them on :-)
Good luck with your appointments next week. We will be thinking of you!
Much Love,
The Davis Family
Oh my goodness...so adorable! Thanks for keeping us posted...
XOXO
That girl can dance! Keep us updated on Bailey's news. We love you guys!
Post a Comment